The station Berlin-Grunewald in the Berlin district Charlottenburg-Wilmersdorf is today a station of the S-Bahn Berlin.
During the National Socialist era, numerous deportations left Berlin from here.
In the Holocaust, over 50,000 German Jews were deported from Berlin from October 1941 to the end of the war. Next to the Grunewald railway station, the following started
Deportation from Moabit goods station and Anhalter station. The first deportation train left Grunewald station on 18 October 1941 with 1,013 Jews. This day marked the beginning of the systematic deportation of Jews from Berlin. Until April 1942, the trains went mainly to the
Eastern European ghettos to Litzmannstadt (today: Lódz), Riga and Warsaw. By the end of 1942, almost only the extermination camp was left.
Auschwitz-Birkenau and the Theresienstadt concentration camp. Alone in the “death factory Auschwitz“ about 35 Züge drove with
17,000 Jews from Grunewald station.